February 3 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Saturday, Feb. 3, 2018 | 9 a.m. – Noon
NUNM Academic Building, Portland
Learn how to obtain a National Provider Identifier (NPI), and how to locate and complete the Oregon Practitioner Credentialing Application (OPCA). Discover the rules of top insurers and how to select the best commercial insurers. In addition, attendees will gain an understanding of the entire credentialing process, the difference between Medicaid Open Card and CCOs, and learn the reason for obtaining a CAQH ID.
Attendees of this workshop will be able to:
- Create a hospital admit plan
- Obtain an NPI (if needed)
- Find and complete an OPCA
- Determine which commercial insurers you wish to credential and contract with, and designate as PCP or Specialist
- Complete and save an OPCA without signature and date for future use
- Send a completed OPCA and additional required documentation to start credentialing
- Find OHP paperwork required to credential
- Create a web portal application for OneHealthPort.com (as needed)
- Register for CAQH ProView
Registration is available for both in-person and webinar options. EB – Early bird registration ends Jan. 3, 2018.
Physicians & Health Care Providers: $80 – EB, $100 – General
NCNM Alumni: $55 – EB, $25 – General
NUNM Students & Other Medical Students, ID required at the door: $25 – EB, $50 – General
About the Presenter
Julia Puckett has worked in the medical field for over 10 years, with the last six years in administration. Her experience in several medical practices has covered a wide range of functions from front desk duties to back office and administration. Julia’s primary focus now is to verify credentials of healthcare professionals are in compliance with state and federal standards, and process re-credentialing paperwork while maintaining a database of practitioners’ training, education, licensing, and experience information. This experience has allowed her to develop strong relationships with many insurance companies.