Thanks to US Biotek Laboratories, students and alumni have a chance to plan for their career, pitch their future, and win $5,000 in prizes!
The top four entries in each category will be invited to pitch their business or career on May 4 and compete for a prize. In addition, the audience will select their favorite competitor who will win an extra $500! So bring all your family and friends.
Choose one category below that aligns with where you currently are in your journey to running your own business.
Student Career Plan
All current students can enter. Please submit your resume or CV and a plan for your career goals explaining:
- Your career goals
- Your unique advantage in meeting the stated career goal
- The intended audience (businesses or customers) for your services or product
- How you will reach your audience (businesses or customers) through communication or marketing
- Provide a description of key goals or timelines on your career trajectory
Student Business Plan
Provide a complete business plan with financial projections for 1-3 years.
Alumni Business Plan
Provide a complete business plan with financial projections for 1-3 years
- April 1: Student plan or resume submissions are due.
- April 12: Alumni business plan submissions due.
- April 12: All student qualifiers will be notified by this date.
- April 12: All alumni qualifiers will be notified by this date.
- May 4: Pitches will take place in Bill Mitchell Hall. Participants must be available to pitch on this date to be considered for prizes. Pitches will be 3–4 minutes with 5–10 slides.
Need More Information?
In order to determine the prize winners, both rounds will be judged by a panel of judges. Audience prize will be determined by popular vote.
1st prize in each category is $1,000
2nd prize is $500
One audience “favorite pitch prize” of an additional $500
Prizes for continuing students will be scholarships. Graduating students and alumni will be awarded cash prizes.
March 1, 2019: Contest will open to all students at NUNM.
April 1, 2019: All career plans or business plans must be submitted.
April 12, 2019: Finalists will be notified.
May 4, 2019: All finalist will present their pitch in Bill Mitchell Hall.