November 9-10, 2019 | NUNM Campus
*This conference is available in-person only
Biotherapy is the clinical application of live organisms for health. It encompasses a wide range of therapies to include Maggot debridement, Phage therapy, Bee venom, and even service animals. Medicine is currently facing multiple problems without good solutions. Antibiotic resistance, chronic pain, and polypharmacy concerns top the list. Medical experts will discuss how Biotherapies offer several methodologies to address these concerns with low risk and high efficacy. This is a first of its kind conference in the northwest which will provide an overview of the main therapies, clinical application, evidence, and rationale.
What is Biotherapy? Click HERE to learn more.
Topics Under Development:
- History and current status of BioTherapy
- Principles and Practice of Maggot Debridement Therapy
- Maggot Therapy workshop (lecture with hands-on demonstration)
- Leech (Hirudotherapy) Therapy lecture
- Phage Therapy
- Bee Venom Therapy for Pain, Autoimmunity and chronic Infection
- Bee Venom Therapy workshop (lecture with hands-on demonstration)
- 12 CEUs to be applied for through OBNM
- 12 PDA points to be applied for by NCCAOM
NUNM is partnering with BioTherapeutics, Education & Research (BTER) Foundation on this conference.