Vital Nutritional Blending and Cooking Series
NUNM’s Age Wise Institute has developed a nutrition education and cooking workshop series designed to provide caregivers specialized training in the unique dietary needs of aging individuals. Classes focus on the most common chronic illness/conditions of older persons, and caregivers will learn about how and why certain foods should be a daily part of their clients’ diet.
Caregivers will learn how to prepare recipes developed for these conditions with hands-on training from nutritionists and naturopathic doctors; receive handouts to help support specialized menu planning; and learn how do conduct food shopping in a smart and efficient manner. They will also receive a comprehensive evidence-based recipe book and NUNM microcredentials with detailed authentication describing their skills, to be used for promotional/marketing purposes.
This is a six-week series (two hours per week) designed to provide home caregivers skills to create meals with vital nutrients for the individuals they assist. These dynamic classes are tailor-made for caregivers who support older adults, and all workshops are created and facilitated by naturopathic physicians, geriatric and nutritional professionals.
Gain skills that you can add to your company offerings and enhance the personal skill sets of your staff/caregivers. Truly nourish your clients or family members as you cook with flair and learn about the significant role of nutrition in health, disease management and prevention. Learn recipes and the nutrients that support:
- Heart health
- Brain health
- Bone health
- Sleep and relaxation
- Chronic pain
- Blood sugar regulation (prediabetes and diabetes)
Workshop Series Include
- Particpiants will prepare all recipes developed for these conditions and taste all recipes as a group.
- Menu planning and food shopping strategies.
- Comprehensive evidence-based recipes and informational manual.
- Badge certification from NUNM upon completion of course for company use and promotional purposes for one year.
- Customized schedule; you pick the day/time that work best for your team.
- All workshops will be conducted in NUNM’s state-of-the-art teaching kitchen at Helfgott Research Center.
- All ingredients, food prep and equipment included.
$2,400 for up to 12 participants for six-week course ($200 per participant/$33 per wk)
For customized training plans, contact Tafflyn Williams-Thomas, Career Services Manager, 503.552.1625