This event has been canceled.
There’s a lot of information about COVID-19, yet it seems like there are so many questions remaining. At NUNM, we are monitoring the situation closely and planning in case we need to close the campus for a period of time. Part of this planning includes reducing the amount of personal contacts being made so that we help reduce the opportunities for COVID-19 exposure.
Through this preparedness plan, NUNM administration has canceled the 2020 Integrative Mental Health Conference. NUNM is closely monitoring COVID-19 activity and is committed to the health and safety of our students, employees, and patients.
The most important thing to do during this time is to take your own precautions to keep yourself and your community healthy. Federal, state and county health officials are stressing the importance of hygiene and common-sense measures to prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses, such as:
- washing your hands often with soap and warm water
- avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- covering your cough and sneezes with a tissue and then discard it, clean
- disinfect commonly used surfaces frequently
- Find a way other than handshakes and hugs to greet one another. Fist bumps, elbow taps, and foot grazes are creative ways to greet one another while maintaining some distance.
Please be mindful not to make any assumptions or comments about others’ perceived symptoms (a cough or fever is not uniquely associated with COVID-19) or based on someone’s national origin, race, color or any other identities.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
12 CEUs to be applied for through OBNM
12 PDA points to be applied for by NCCAOM