July 15-26, 2019 | NUNM Campus
Updated Schedule: All courses take place in the Academic Building, RM 322.
- July 15-17 Bazi Suanming I, Monday – Tuesday 9am -12pm and 1:30pm – 5:30pm, Wednesday 9am – 12pm
- July 17-19 Bazi Suanming II, Wednesday 1:30pm – 5:30pm, Thursday – Friday 9am – 12pm and 1:30pm – 5:30pm
- July 22-24 Bazi Suanming III, Monday – Tuesday 9am -12pm and 1:30pm – 5:30pm, Wednesday 9am – 12pm
- July 24-26 Bazi Suanming IV, Wednesday 1:30pm – 5:30pm, Thursday – Friday 9am – 12pm and 1:30pm – 5:30pm
Learn the practical applications of Bazi Suanming
Several systems of strategic analysis have been derived from the ancient Chinese text, Yijing (I-Ching), to inform decision-making on essential aspects of life. The Bazi Suanming —have great value in medicine, and were valuable tools used by the Daoist master physicians Sun Simio and Ge Hong.
Used separately or in combination, these systems can be used to support:
- Acute and chronic clinical diagnosis
- Personality analysis
- Individualized lifestyle recommendations
- Major life event planning
- Optimization of each child’s learning potential
- Individual and partner counseling
- Crisis management
- Human resource management
“The Calculation of Life According to the Eight Signs” is a sophisticated model of Chinese constitutional and medical chronobiology and chronopsychology that has become the central psychological system of Chinese culture. Through understanding the fundamental relationships between the heavenly stems, hidden heavenly stems, and earthly branches, participants learn the basics of composing and interpreting individual “bazi” charts. This information has highly practical implications for clinical practice. These courses deepen the ability to diagnose psychological dysharmonies, with IV focusing on partnership analysis.
Course instructor: MANFRED KUBNY, PhD
Dr. Kubny is an expert in the history, theory and practice of the Traditional Chinese Sciences. He is fluent in Chinese and has been initiated into the methods of Taiji Quan, Feng Shui, and Traditional Chinese Astrology (Bazi Suanming) by Chinese masters. He is one of the few Western experts able to read and interpret the visionary texts of classical and modern Chinese literature in the original language. As a result of 10 years of research in the original Chinese sources, Dr. Kubny created the very first textbook of Bazi Suanming in any Western language.